Author: Gary Chinga (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Bob Dougherty Date: 2002/05/06 Source: Roughness_calculation.java Installation: Download Roughness_calculation.class to the plugins folder and restart ImageJ. Description: This plugin calculates surface roughness statistics based on a topographical images. The input is an image or stack in which the pixel values represent distance, z, to a surface.
The calculated roughness values are:
The plugin can be used in combination with the facet Orientation plugin (Bob Dougherty, www.optinav.com/ImageJplugins/Facet-Orientation.htm) in order to get a complete assessment of the surface topography.
- Ra: Arithmetical mean deviation
- Rq: Root mean square deviation
- Rku: Kurtosis of the assessed profile
- Rsk: Skewness of the assessed profile
- Rv: Lowest valley (given by the min measurements)
- Rp: Highest peak (given by the max measurements)
- Rt: The total height of the profile
|Plugins | Home |