Click on this thumbnail to display a 300K image that illustrates the use of frequency domain processing.
QuickTime Digitizing Example
Click on this thumbnail to display a 123K grayscale image captured directly into NIH Image from a TV camera plugged into the built-in video input port of a PowerMac7500.
How it was done
The second thumbnail image was created in NIH Image as follows:
- Increase contrast of original 402 x 286 image using Map window
- Use Apply Look-Up Table command
- Use Smooth command several times
- Reduce image size using Scale and Rotate with scale factor of 0.15
- Save reduced image in PICT format
- Open in GraphicConverter
- Save in GIF format
This Web page was created in NIH Image using the
set available in the "user-macros" directory on zippy.nimh.nih.gov.